Richland Electric Cooperative Scholarship Fund
Purpose: To financially assist members or their children enrolling in a post-secondary degree program or vocational program.
Administration: Individuals participating in the local school district scholarship committee will select the person(s) to receive the scholarship(s). REC will annually inform the local committee of the maximum award size, and the aggregate amount of scholarship funds available. In the event a student submits an essay, REC and the local committee shall decide if the local committee will score the essay in accordance with guidelines provided by the REC or if an independent judge shall be appointed. Additionally, REC reserves the right to establish, delete, or modify the selection criteria.
- Applicant or applicant's parent, parents or legal guardian must be a member of Richland Electric Cooperative.
- Any graduating high school boy or girl.
- Student will incur costs from the post-secondary institution.
Selection Criteria: Based on maximum award for being equal to 100 points.
- 100 points for attending the REC sponsored Youth Leadership Congress.
- Up to 50 points for an essay related to the applicants understanding of the cooperative form of business and their personal experience with cooperatives. The essay shall not be less than 1000 words or more than 1500 words.
Amount: The amount of any individual scholarship shall be subject to a maximum award which will be determined annually. Award amounts shall vary based on scoring achieved when evaluating the candidates performance related to the scoring criteria listed above.
Application: Applications are available at the office so Richland Electric Cooperative and area high school guidance counselors. They will be standard in form and contain information sufficient for the scholarship committee to arrive at a decision as to the ability and need of the student. A personal interview with the committee may be held prior to the final decision. Application, an essay or statement by the applicant they attended YLC, and a senior picture should be returned to the office of Richland Electric cooperative by March 15.
Manner of Scholarhip Payment: The scholarship will be paid to the school upon proof of enrollment from the student.